My Life In The Middle Side: Museo Ning Angeles( The Angeles City Museum)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Museo Ning Angeles( The Angeles City Museum)

The entrance of the museum.
Me and friends( while doing our press release) visited the Museo Ning Angeles(Angeles city Museum)  Angeles city! haha! it is near Holy Angel University and in front of Holy Rosary Parish.

Entrance is 50.00 Pesos for a regular person.
                  10.00 Pesos for a private school student.
             and  5.00 pesos for a public school student.

our guide during our visit, Ate Sammy Rodrigo.
it's kinda cheap right? plus those entrance fee are actually for the preservation of the museum itself, the guides, guards and maintenance people are all volunteers(I salute them!)

the floor is super cool, I want one in my house :)


Thanks to our tour guide I actually learned that Angeles City was founded on 1796 :) and the first actual street here is the Sto. Rosario st. I didn't knew that I was always walking on the very first street in Angeles City. The tour is actually separated in 3 parts, the first part being the introduction, the second one is the balikdan which is the part where we, as what ate Sam said, travel through time. And the last part is the culinarium, which is all about Kapampangan foods( too bad we didn't reserve for a tour, because if we did then they'll cook some Kapampangan dishes for us :| )

The good thing about this museum is that they feature miniature replicas of things from the past. I was so embarrassed  because it was my first time to enter Museo Ning Angeles.

A picture from the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo eruption.

A fact that I've learn from the museum is that during the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo eruption, the current mayor back then was MIA or missing in action and up until now they don't know what he did back then, Ed Pamintuan(also the current mayor of Angeles city today) was the vice-mayor back then, then he totally took control of helping the people who were affected badly by the eruption. It goes to show that even in the days, Mayor Ed Pamintuan is a great and awesome politician.

the beautiful and vintage staircase, we are now going to the last part of the tour, which is the Culinary part.
 I'll be ending my post right here, I'll promise to update this post once I'm done with school stuff :)

adios!









No comments: